Friday, August 11, 2017
Our first event is StartUP 2017! Here are some helpful suggestions as you plan your day:
- At least one parent is required to attend.
- Although students may attend, grade level overviews and parent workshops may be easier to attend without your child.
- Student supervision will not be provided.
- Please bring a large tote bag or rolling crate to bring student textbooks home in.
What To Do Prior To StartUP:
- Review StartUP 2017 Schedule (a hard copy will be provided to you on August 11).
- Review HFA Student and Parent Handbook (2017-2018), sign the last page and bring to StartUP.
- Review Dress Code carefully. All students are required to be in dress code on the first day of regular classes.
- Read and review the Independent Study Master Agreement. It is important that you understand the accountability process, the required parent commitment and the investment in your child’s education. *You will sign this document at StartUP.
- Visit the Classroom Google Sites and meet your teacher. FlexGrids will go live on August 7 when you will be able to preview the FlexGrid for the first week of school. The FlexGrid contains the lesson plans you will be following. The teachers will explain how to use the FlexGrid during the Grade Level Overview and answer any questions you have at that time.
*This content is password protected and is for the use of Heritage Flex Academy currently enrolled students and their families only. You should receive an email on July 30 which contains the password and StartUP details. Please call the front office if you need further assistance at (760) 466-1166.